The nature of a wilderness area is that there are no permanent structures, so Rhino Post Safari Lodge was built using natural materials of stone, wood, thatch and canvas to create an authentic bush ambience. Each luxury suite is stylishly decorated and includes a spacious bedroom with impressive views of the riverbed from the bathroom, outdoor shower and patio deck.
Stilts raise the spaciously, beautifully appointed suites from the riverbank, allowing guests to view the Mutlumuvi riverbed with ease from the bedroom, bathroom and private viewing deck. The suites are set in an open plan style with wooden floors, thatched roofs and, canvas walls.and a ceiling fan.
Following a game drive, guests can relax in the revitalizing swimming pool, take in the views from their shaded patio and watch the abundant wildlife amble down to the waterhole. Sumptuous meals are served in the camp’s dining area, which is set under magnificent Tamboti trees. The lounge, with its extensive wine cellar, cozy fireplace and bar, is the perfect spot for a sundowner.
The utmost care was taken to minimize the environmental impact of the lodge and to that end, no concrete was used in the buildings. Careful consideration was taken in the layout of the lodge, walkways are raised, battery power is used for lighting, a specially designed indigenous Reedbed system processes the bathroom water, and other waste is sorted and recycled wherever possible.
Each en-suite bathroom includes a deep, freestanding bath, “his” and “hers” basins, a separate toilet and an outdoor shower protected by thick reed poles. The bathroom floor is attractively decorated with delicate mosaic designs, complementing the contemporary floor.
All our bedrooms have the following features:
- Double Vanity
- Outdoor Shower
- Overhead Fan
- Mosquito Nets
- Safe & Hairdryer
- Laundry Service
- Electric Blankets
- No Smoking
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Communal Lounge & Dining Area with outside fireplace
- Active waterhole
- Check in for Rhino Post is 13h00
- Please advise ETA. For early arrivals a light lunch, at a minimal charge can be prepared. The lodge normally serves brunch, high tea and dinner, no lunch.
- Check out is at 11am after your morning activity and brunch
- Children Welcome
- Child policy applies to children 16 years and younger
- Only 1 additional bed can be accommodated per room. Please note that the additional bed used is a narrow roll away bed that is not suitable for persons older than 16 years
- Children under 6 cannot participate in game drives unless a private game viewing vehicle and guide is booked. PRE BOOKING ESSENTIAL
- Baby Sitters are available. 24 hours notice required
FIVE GOOD REASONS TO BOOK AT RHINO POST SAFARI LODGE
Rhino Post Safari Lodge has been offering a chic alternative to the traditional park visit with exciting extra options thrown in, for thirteen years now. And what a fabulous thirteen years it has been! We have been nominated for and received awards, and developed a following of regular guests and friends that we look forward to seeing at least once a year. Some guests on their first visit are surprised by the ways in which we differ from both the standard Kruger Park experience and the trendy private lodge experience. Ninety five percent of them love it and keep us really busy with referrals and repeat visits, and five percent of them don’t understand the differences. So here’s how we’re different, and why… READ MORE »